The Firestone Farm was originally built in 1828 in Columbiana, Ohio by Harvey Firestone's grandfather. Harvey, famous for Firestone Tires, grew up on the farm and later became a close friend of Henry Ford. In 1965, the farm was restored to its original condition by Harvey Firestone's decedents and opened up for tours. When the venture failed because of its remote location, the entire farm was donated to the Henry Ford, Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan where it currently stands.
During the move and reconstruction process, a note signed and dated by a 14 year old Harvey Firestone was found revealing that the home had been remodeled by his parents in 1882 giving it a more modern Victorian look.
Copyright 2016 Susan Rissi Tregoning
March 18th, 2016
Viewed 1,477 Times - Last Visitor from Wilmington, DE on 12/01/2023 at 11:04 AM