Horton Covered Bridge was built around 1899 and is one of the attractions at Amnicon Falls State Park near South Range, Wisconsin.
The bridge is 55 foot long and is used to cross the lower falls. It was originally a highway bridge that crossed the Amnicon River not far from the park but was moved to the park in 1930. The cover was not added until 1939.
The bowstring bridge holds historical significance to the area. Charles Horton, a local man from La Crosse, Wisconsin, holds the original patents for the bridge design. There are only five other surviving Horton bridges in the area.
Special Features: Wisconsin Flowers and Scenery "Elvis Pick of the Week" 9.29.18 Self Promotion Skills for Artists 3.1.19
Copyright 2018 Susan Rissi Tregoning
September 10th, 2018
Viewed 719 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 03/30/2023 at 2:00 PM