The Robinson House, at 1415 Third Street, was built between 1859 and 1865 by architect Henry Howard and completely renovated in 2005. Designed in the Greek Revival and Italianate styles it has a neoclassical cast iron fence. This is one of the largest homes in the district and features a distinctive curved portico. Its unusual roof acts as a large vat that once collected water and acted as a cistern. Gravity provided water pressure. This is believed to be the first house in the Garden District to have indoor plumbing.
Copyright 2018 Susan Rissi Tregoning
September 17th, 2018
Viewed 1,174 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/02/2023 at 11:05 PM