The home at 1312 First Street in the New Orleans Garden District was originally built as a much smaller structure in different location by Sarah Browne. She moved the house to this spot in 1860.
In 1879 it was purchased by the Whites who gave it a major renovation. They raised the existing one and a half story to allow for a new first floor and facade to be added. That’s when the Italianate details were added this Victorian earning it the name “The White House”.
Copyright 2018 Susan Rissi Tregoning
September 16th, 2018
Viewed 1,682 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/02/2023 at 1:19 PM