A night shot of the historic Edna G. tugboat decorated in her Christmas finery as she sits anchored beside the large iron ore loading docks in the Two Harbors, Minnesota harbor.
Built in 1896, the Edna G Tugboat was the last steam powered tugboat that operated on the Great Lakes. She was named after Edna Greatsinger, the daughter of Jacob Greatsinger, the president of the D & IR Railroad in the early 1900’s, the tug served the Two Harbors shipping industry for decades. She was retired in 1974 when she was designated a National Historic Site.
Copyright 2018 Susan Rissi Tregoning
December 13th, 2018
Viewed 1,581 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/02/2023 at 10:29 AM