The Old Bayfield County Courthouse was built in 1884 of local brownstone with elements of Neoclassical and Romanesque Revival styles. It served as the county courthouse until 1892 when the county seat was moved to Washburn. It was later used as a school, German POW camp, community center and warehouse. It is now the Visitor's Center for the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
Copyright 2018 Susan Rissi Tregoning
October 31st, 2018
Viewed 1,552 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/04/2023 at 2:32 PM